We are getting ready to start shop training and everyone is asking for details.
This note will give you some of the bullet points that should answer most of your questions.
- We train during the entire Fall Semester. There is no training for undergrads in the Spring. This link to the shop blog post should give you more detail.
- The Machine Shop (DL167) is CLOSED when we hold shop training. However, all other areas of the DLC Shop are open.
- Training sessions are displayed on the DLC Calendar as are shop closures.
- Training sessions are by APPOINTMENT ONLY. Appointment requests will be sent soon.
- Basic Shop training takes about 2-3 hours total.
- Advanced Shop training takes two sessions of 2-3 hours each session.
- If you have contacted email@example.com requesting training, you should receive a training task response from the DLC’s work order system. This means we are aware of the request and that you are in the que for a shop session. You will receive an appointment request from the DLC shop in the next few weeks grouping you with 3-4 other students.
- While sending me a photograph of your calendar may seem like you are helping, it really doesn’t help. Currently I have 80 students in que for training. I have to coordinate everyone’s schedules so that an appointment does not conflict with classes, tutoring and other events. I cannot do this with a picture hence the request that you update your Outlook Web Access
- DO NOT SHARE YOUR CALENDAR!!! Outlook Web Access has a link for sharing your calendar in the upper right hand corner of the page. DO NOT SHARE IT, DO NOT CLICK IT, DO NOT USE IT, DO NOT EVEN LOOK AT IT, DO NOT… IN FACT, IGNORE IT!!! Sharing your calendar is unnecessary for determining free/busy periods in your calendar. ( I think I have made myself clear enough on this point.)